Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Still waiting...

Dear Family and Friends,
Still no word on my travel approval.... if it doesn't arrive by Friday, there will be no traveling for me next week. But..... as my adoption agency is quick to remind me, miracles do happen and tonight in prayer meeting, my prayer group included my friend and church mentor, Chris, who has adopted twice from China. He and his wife have been such wonderful supports to me in this and they are now praying for a speedy TA arrival!
I went out to look at Christmas dresses for Sophie. I hesitate to buy anything because I don't know what size to buy! I do so want her to have a special dress for the holidays... maybe tomorrow I'll splurge and buy one anyway - even if we aren't home in time for Christmas, we WILL be celebrating the birth of Christ together at some point this year - so I want it to be special for her.
I did put up my tree last night. It was hard to think like a Mom here. You really look at decorations differently when you know a baby will be with you! All those lovely glass ornaments stayed in the box and out came the wooden and crocheted ones to fill the bottom of the tree where little hands are likely to grab on to! Oh its the most wonderful time of the year!
Blessings,
Chinamom
The Coming Messiah
"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting. " Micah 5:2

No comments: