Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Catching you up....

Dear Family and Friends,
So many things to get you caught up on.
First of all, I won't be leaving for China this week with the rest of my original travel group. My travel approval has yet to arrive. It needs to come in this week for there to be any chance of my spending Christmas with Sophie in China.
I'm very happy for my original travel group who will be leaving on Wednesday morning, but of course am sad for me for not being able to be with them.
On Thursday I was able to meet with Sophie's new pediatrician. I was happy to have him give me information about the things I had in my mind to talk about - and that was without my asking the questions first! I am very comfortable that the group has quite a few internationally adopted children in the practice so the issues I may be bringing to them is something they have experience with!
When I left the pediatrician's office, I went to mall. I was only going there to look!! I really was! (at least that's what I told myself when I pulled into the parking lot!)
I went into JC Penny's (someplace I hate to shop at - too confusing with the layout in these kinds of department stores! I can never find the department I want, then I can't find my way out of the store!). Anyway - I found myself in the children's department and saw a dress that I couldn't leave at the store! It is so cute! I decided Sophie would need a dress for Christmas regardless of if I were there with her in China or for when she comes home and we celebrate it at home together! I don't want to give it away so I won't describe the dress, but be assured the blog will be plastered with photos when available.... good thing I'm renting a phone in China to call home with... I think I see a pair of black patent leather shoes in the future - couldn't buy them the other day as I really don't have a clue on shoe size for her!
Yesterday was exciting for me also. Sophie's crib arrived! My brother in law brought it over late in the afternoon . My brother's children came over for the evening while mom and dad did Christmas shopping and thanks to Jared and Gillian, we were able to put the crib together without too much difficulty! It looks so beautiful!
Tomorrow evening I will be going to my friend Lisa's house to start cutting out the pieces for my adoption announcements!
Trying to keep busy but finding the wait to be excruciating!
Blessings,
Chinamom

No comments: