Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 3, 2007

Getting ready

Dear Family and Friends,
I am THRILLED to report that it was highly productive here this weekend in Massachusetts - thanks in LARGE part to my friend Maria!
She came over on Saturday and we attacked each project until it was finished!We cleared out all the "junk" in Sophie's room and rearranged the furniture so the room makes sense - as soon as the crib gets here I'll take pictures and post them - it's so cute!
Then she helped me re-arrange the front storage closet to fit more storage boxes (we moved the boxes with things like dishes, to the basement (no small feat since I live on the third floor!)She wrapped my Christmas presents while I cleared my dining room table and printed out the completed pages of Sophie's life book I created on the computer.
Finally - and most importantly in so many ways - she helped me re-pack my suitcases! I decided to cut back on some of the baby supplies like diapers and wipes. I'm only bringing 4 outfits for her and found a recipe for a powdered Pedialyte that I will talk to the pediatrician about on Thursday when I meet with him.
I am taking the advice of people who have traveled to Nanchang before me and will ask the guide to direct me to the Walmart there so I can stock up there. (I'll have more suitcase room after I deliver the orphanage donations)
One of the doctors I work with at the hospital is from Nanchang and she said it's much cheaper there than Guangzhou (where her sister lives).My check in bag weighs 42 pounds and my carry on bag is 25 pounds -no lightweight, but technically should get me through the airports!
I feel so much better - I still have things to sort and organize (the pantry, my bedroom....) but I don't feel as overwhelmed at I did before!
Anyone out there preparing their homes for a China adoption want to rent my Maria??? I thought I might be able to raise some money for my possibly outrageous airline tickets! LOL She is FANTASTIC! Thank you so much, Maria, you are such a blessing to me!
Blessings,
Chinamom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure. I was honored to help. And yes, you can rent me out. All I require is food to keep me going, but you know you I eat, that might break the bank.