Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 12, 2007

Things are looking brighter.....

Dear Family and Friends,

Since you all have been so kind to keep me in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time, I wanted to give you an update on what happened today with my missed referral.
I spoke at length with the director for my agency today. Their Beijing employee was able to meet with the matcher for my agency. They did find my file (thank goodness for that answer to prayer!).

They were going to put me in with my agency's next LID group for a referral (the next LID for us is January 2006). The agency pleaded with the matcher to reconsider and to expedite my referral since there was no reason for my waiting that because of anything I did - all my paperwork is in order - it just got misplaced when my special needs adoption fell apart back in December 2005.

Once the matcher heard this she did reconsider and agreed to work on matching me this week! As a relief as this news is to me, I won't be half excited until I actually see this happen. The best case scenario is I would hear next week. Of course I won't be completely happy until I leave China and pass through the immigration line in the good ole USA!

My agency kept trying to reassure me that nothing else could go wrong, but I've been there too many times in the last few years to believe that one!

Anyway- things are at least looking brighter than they did last week!

Thanks so much for your support!
Blessings,
Chinamom

No comments: