Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

As my stomach turns

Dear Family and Friends,
I had been hoping to be writing you all with wonderful news about my baby, however, as has been the rule rather than the exception in this journey, the call I got from my agency on Monday started with: "We have some bad news for you".
Seems to me I heard that from them once before - when they called to tell me that I would not be able to adopt my son, Adam.
Sure enough, this news is just as devastating. Everyone in my group got their referrals except for me. No one knows why - it just wasn't in there. No explanations. Nothing.
The agency is trying to reach the officials at the CCAA to sort this out but, of course, the person they needed to talk to was not in the office. Same old story.
I'm feeling very defeated right now. I don't hold out much hope in all of this.
For those of you who know Christ as Savior, please pray that God will show His perfect will in this mess. If He is closing the door to adoption for me, please pray that He will give me the Grace to get through it because right now I don't think I can handle this.
Blessings,
Chinamom - or maybe not.........

No comments: