Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

Dear Family and Friends,
Happy Thanksgiving.
It's that time of the year that our nation celebrates Thanksgiving. Over the years the meaning of the holiday has been lost. It's become a day of feasting and football. There is a time with family and friends but that too is not the true purpose of Thanksgiving. The Pilgrims of old used this time to give thanks to God for His provisions in their lives. He gave them food, protection and provided them with new beginning where they could worship Him openly and without persecution.
Thanksgiving is a day for giving thanks to the One who owns all the cattle on the hills. He provided for our needs and gives the free gift of salvation to all who sincerely ask Him for it.
This year, I want to take a few minutes and thank my LORD for His gifts. I thank Him for providing me with the gift of the Lord Jesus. For bringing people into my life who shared the Gospel with me and brought me to the foot of the cross 7 years ago tonight. I thank Him for my family at Grace Baptist Church and those who are my brothers and sisters in Christ, who prayed for me then, and continue to pray for me now as I prepare to become a mother to Sophie Joy Xiucheng. I am so thankful for the gift of my daughter.
I thank Him for my family who have been supportive and so loving in my lifetime. I have wonderful friends, both old and new who mean so much and bring such joy in the day to day things. My prayer for them is that they would see the true meaning of Christ and ask Him to be their Lord and Savior. I pray they would freedom that comes from living a life where Jesus guides them in a personal relationship. I am thankful that the LORD has tarried so that they still have an opportunity to come to that saving knowledge.
This year I am especially grateful to God for answering my prayers for my child.
Thank you LORD for giving me a beautiful daughter and I ask that you would help me to be a Godly mother to her.
Blessings,

Chinamom

No comments: