Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 5, 2009

Biting the Bullet

Dear Family and Friends,

If you haven't given up on my ever writing on my blog, thanks for hanging in there! There has been so much going on in the last month or so that I don't know where to begin. I had great ideas of sitting down for an afternoon and creating entry after entry to catch everyone up, but it got too overwhelming. So now, I decided to start from the beginning, and work my way up to the New Year, one painful session at a time!!! LOL!

I'll start with Sophie's birthday. She is now officially two years old! We celebrated the event on Thanksgiving Day with an awesome Elmo cake that a friend of mine at work made! She loved it. My parents and my sisters were there with my brother in law and a niece and nephew. She was able to blow out the candles but wasn't particularly interested in eating any of the cake. She has a very selective sweet tooth - something for which I am eternally grateful! (just wish I could be as strong as my daughter when it comes to that stuff!!)






















Around that time, Sophie had her first of three encounters with a certain man who likes to wear a red suit! I wasn't sure how she would do but she wasn't afraid at all and went right up to him. She also loved the elves and I'm convinced she might want to try out for that role one day!











She also had an encounter with The Grinch!






















That's all I have time for tonight, I'll try to post more soon.

Blessings,

Chinamom and Sophie

2 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

precious precious girl
xxx
s

Kim said...

What a cute Christmas outfit!