Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 3, 2008

March already?

Dear Family and Friends,



Where has the time gone? I can't believe we are already starting the month of March! I am certainly ready for winter to be gone!

Sophie has changed so much since coming home. She is still a tall, skinny thing - we see the pediatrician this week so I will update you with her new stats later this week. Her hair is filling in - getting longer at the sides. Her personality continues to bloom. She is a funny girl who loves to laugh. She especially enjoys making her mother laugh - something I do daily!

She is sleeping much better at night. We finally figured out the change in her diet is giving her excessive gas which makes her belly hurt. Since giving her gas drops throughout the day, this has solved the problem! Now mom wakes up at 3 am because she DOESN'T hear the baby! What's with that??? lol.

She is trying so hard to crawl - she just can't seem to get that little bottom of hers up high enough to get her knees under her! She is now standing quite well - last week was the first major incident - she was at Auntie Terry's while Mom was at work. She was trying to stand by herself using the coffee table for support. She came tumbling down and caught her chin on the table - yes, I hear there was blood, but fortunately that cleared quickly and there are no lasting scars - except maybe the new gray hairs Auntie Terry has!

She is also trying to be more verbal. She now says "Momma"! At least she will when she feels like it! That and "Oh Oh" are the only English words I can make out! She still speaks a lot of what I affectionately call "baby Chinese". She now gives me kisses almost all the time I ask for them, and even gives me some on her own! She is learning the ropes though! Tonight I was trying to be stern when she did something wrong and the little imp leaned over and gave me a kiss! Talk about having problems with discipline!!! I'm really in for it now!

Here are few more of my favorite pictures!









This is how she gets onto her belly! She does the splits, brings her face/belly to the floor, then sweeps her legs off to the side until they are behind her! I think she could easily be a gymnast or a Chinese acrobat!




















The mandatory funky hair in the bathtub shot!



















Hey! Where are you going???? (Memere's cat makes the big escape!)



Need to run for now. I hope you enjoy the update!


Blessings,

Chinamom and Sophie





1 comment:

Shawnstribe said...

what stunning photos!!!!!!

S is such a beautiful baby!!!!
xxx
s