Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Reality has set in!

Dear Family and Friends,

I know it has been too long since my last post but I returned to work this week and now I absolutely have no time!

My first day dropping Sophie off at the sitter's was horrible! She must have sensed something was up on Sunday because she had an absolutely miserable night! Monday morning came way too early for both of us and she cried all the way to my sister's house (about a 20 minute drive) and still didn't stop once we got there. After about another 15 minutes of crying, she finally calmed down enough to "read" a book with my niece and my sister. I used that time to sneak out and promptly cried half way to work!

Of course, once I got to work and called in to check on her, she was fine! She barely knew I had left! What an ego popper that was!

Now she is much better about it. As long as she doesn't see me leave, she is fine. I do love when I go pick her up though. She gets all excited and her arms and legs go flying in the air! (Of course, she gets that way when she sees her bottle too so I guess I shouldn't get too full of myself! I suppose being ranked side by side with her bottle is better than the alternative!! LOL)

Here are some more recent pictures for you to see. They are some of my favorites!





































She is just too much fun!

Blessings,

Chinamom and Sophie

4 comments:

Michelle G said...

Great pictures!! She is changing so much.

I totally get what you went through. Even though my 2 were staying home with Dad, I cried the first day I had to leave them to go to work. They were 3 and 4 at the time; so they were not babies. But it killed me to have to leave them.

Wow....as excited as when she sees the bottle. You rock! :)

Love ya and thanks for the pics.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness is she cute! I head back to work next week, so I am crying with you!
We still miss you.... :)

Shawnstribe said...

AWWWWW i love the photos!!!!!
it sucks going back to work!!!!
big hugs
xxx
Shawn and Aila Mei

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I have been thinking about you and wondering how you and Sophie are. Give me a call or send me an email and we will chat.