Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 13, 2008

China revisited

Dear Family and Friends,

Just a quick note to say hello - I haven't forgotten about everyone, I just can't seem to get enough sleep these days. Spring (or even Spring like) weather is difficult for me as it marks the beginning of allergy season which lasts until the first frost. Right now I'm really suffering. I'm so tired at night that I go to bed shortly after the baby!

Yesterday I received my box of pictures which included those from China! Yes, it is possible to upload 1,300 pictures to Snapfish! granted it took literally 8 hours to do it, but it CAN be done! As I watched some of the photos appear on the website, I was transported back to that amazing trip of a lifetime! I still can't believe I actually stood on the Great Wall of China! I can't wait to take Sophie there one day. I was just reading in one of my adoption magazines that you should try to take that kind of a trip when kids are between the ages of 8-14. That seems to be the age they are curious about where they come from and are old enough to appreciate the story.

I would love to re-create that journey with her (and of course adding a few side trips as well). I do want her to see the place she lived in for the first year of her life. Hopefully some of the same orphanage nannies will still be there. I would love to meet her "special" nanny who loves my Sophie so much.

I need to close for now. Bedtime calls! I hope to add new pictures this weekend to update you all!

Blessings,
Chinamom and Sophie

1 comment:

Shawnstribe said...

Night night, im so glad im not the only one in awe of our trip!!!!
sweet dreams
and take care
xxx
s