Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Dear Family and Friends,

Life is so very busy this month and I expect it will be for the next couple of months as Sophie and I prepare to move! Yes! My offer on the condo was accepted by the bank and I am now in the midst of sorting and de-cluttering and packing my once spacious apartment (sound familiar Kim??) -it was spacious pre-Sophie, now every room has baby gear in it!

Everything is going well so far with preparing for the closing - we are ahead on schedule with the timeline set out in the offer. The only thing that could throw a wrench in it is if the foreclosure deed is not filed in time (there is a high volume in the land court due to the large number of foreclosures in the Commonwealth). But I will turn it over to the Lord and He will make it happen in His own time.

I don't have any new pictures of Sophie down loaded right now - it seems my camera is lost in the clutter that is my sorting system! As soon as I can lay my hands on it, I will add pictures.

Yesterday Sophie went to a new day care for the day. My sister and her family are on vacation and I wasn't able to get all the time off I needed. My good friend, Roberta, who is director of the day care at my church, allowed Sophie to go there as a drop in baby. I think Sophie had a fabulous time! She didn't want to leave! I think having all the other kids to play with exhausted her because she slept straight though the night and I don't think she changed positions more than twice!! I'm off on Monday but will take her back there next Tuesday.

That's all for now - I need to run to the bank before is closes.

Blessings,
Chinamom and Sophie

2 comments:

Kim said...

OH I am right there with you! How did I manage to collect this much stuff? I have to buy a bunch of small storage boxes for closet high shelves hopefully today, that will help a lot!

Shawnstribe said...

I'll be joining you two soon, packing is a very stressy job!!!!
so good to have an update and i cant wait for photos : )
xxx
s