Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Temper Tantrum

Dear Family and Friends,

I am writing this to keep from going into Sophie's room right now... she is having a bit of a temper tantrum and I am trying to resist going in and picking her up - which is what I really want to do! She went down to bed at about 7:30 tonight and woke up at 10:18 crying. Sometimes she does this in her sleep and will go right back under but not tonight. She cried for about 5 minutes and then started screaming so Mom went in.

She has had gas medicine, a bottle and still having a fit. She is fine when I pick her up but cries when I put her down. Does that sound like a child in pain??? I think she is playing me. I'll give her a few more minutes and go back in.

Other than that, things have been going well. We are adjusting to the time change and settling into something of a routine. She has been to her Auntie Terry's several days this week to become familiar with her soon to be daycare. Next week I'll try leaving her there for an hour or so to see how she does. I think it will be harder on Mom than it will be for Sophie.

We have had several outings which have gone very well. She is becoming accustomed to the car seat and no longer cries when I put her in. Baby steps but steps nonetheless!

Blessings,
Chinamom and Sophie

4 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

Hiya,
breath lots and remember it will take a lil time for her to believe that all will be ok forever : )
loving and praying for you
xxx
Shawn and Aila Mei

Michelle G said...

Hi,

Talk to me when you get a chance. She really isn't playing you. Kaileen had night terrors up until she was 4 years old. Kianna only did it for a little while. You have to deal with Sophie a little differently than a child that was brought into this world under normal circumstances. I can explain better when I see you.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey! We miss you! Sophie is adorable!!! We are adjusting too so we feel your pain. I agree with Michelle, we have found that Maddie isn't playing us too, she's terrified.
Email me!!!! Erik has been asking about you and the other wonderful family!

KTG said...

Hi Jeanne,
I hope you don't mind I was asking about you. So happy to hear the news of Sophie on your blog!
Just my pedi RN/ pregnant mom 2 cents- that figuring out how you're playing eachother seems like usual mother/ daughter bonding to me!
May she love God all of the days of her life truly Prayers, and sending a hug,Kathryn Bradley( your former case manager coworker neighbor)