Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Photos!

Dear Family and Friends,

WOW! One week from today, when you get up in the morning, I will be spending the first night with my daughter in the same room! Hopefully she will be sleeping at this time! It's very surreal. It just doesn't seem like this is happening - at least not yet.

I got some new pictures from the orphanage late last week. I had arranged through a service called "Blessed Kids" for Sophie to get a birthday cake to celebrate her first birthday. They were thrilled to have it arrive and invited 6 of Sophie's best friends to help celebrate! I'll post a few on the sidebar but here is a sample of the photos:






Aren't they the best? What a blessing it was to receive them!
I will try to update you before we leave, but time is quickly passing me by and I may not be able to talk to you before we go. Keep us in prayer as we leave on Wednesday and hope to be home Saturday the 19th. (Our connecting flight to Manchester is the last one out of Chicago....)
Blessings,
Chinamom
"But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hand"
Psalm 31: 14-15

5 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

Jeanine
i cant believe how fantastically amazing those photos are!!!!
and what a genius you are for organising the cake!!!
wow wow wow!!!!
they are precious beyond words!!!
Thank you so so much for sharing them!
Praise God, Prais God, Praise God!!!
as you know, i will be praying for you!
love
s

Kim said...

Fantastic pictures!

Kim said...

Oops,I hit enter too soon!

Did they shave her little head? They did that to Natalie too. She had quite a "doo" going on and they buzzed her.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey and know that we are thinking of you. Can't wait to see new pictures!

Michelle G said...

OH Jeannine!! That was a great idea! How special these photos are going to be for Sophie when she is older. I can't wait for you guys to get back so we can hug and love on our newest Chinese princess! Kaileen and Kianna can't wait - they are calling her their new Chinese sister! It will be nice for them to have another little girl that looks like them around the church :)

Tricia said...

Jay,

I am sooo happy for you! Like I said before she is the cutest! You and Paul are in my prayers daily.
I can't wait to give Sophie a great big hug!

Love
Tricia