Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Getting Closer

Dear Family and Friends,

Just a quick note to update everyone on the latest news from China. Although not on the official website for the CCAA as of yet, it appears the referrals that came in this week take us through November 21, 2005! Two more weeks of paperwork to process and I will have news about my baby! If they keep up this pace, I could have my referral as soon as October, however the last week of November 2005 and my log in date, December 5, 2005, appear to have lots of families logged in on those dates. This could slow things down a bit so I'm not counting on a referral before November of this year. This way I might be very pleasantly surprised if they DO stay on track for and October referral!

This experience has become rather surreal. That expression "so close and yet so far" takes on a whole new meaning when you are adopting. Every day is a bit closer but is has been at such a snail's pace that you don't feel like you are any nearer to the goal no matter HOW many days they are able to process.

But, I do take comfort in knowing that everything that has happened in this journey has been orchestrated by Someone who knows what is best. He had a plan for my life and my child's life as well and He has been faithfully working out the details. I look forward to seeing how this all comes together in the end....I think my family will also be relieved to get this over with too!

Blessings,

Chinamom

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven:... A time to weep, and a time to laugh: A time to mourn, and a time to dance. Ecclesiastes 3: 1, 4 NKJV

No comments: