Chinamom Adventures

An Adoption Journey

The Gift

  • For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
  • For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
  • If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy Birthday Sophie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Remembering....

Dear Family and Friends,

This week I was writing to a woman from my adoption agency's Yahoo group who was discouraged by the ever lengthening wait, and I relayed the story of my son, Adam LinXiang.

I think of him often. Usually at the very beginning or end of the day. That's because with the time difference, he is likely going to bed when I'm leaving for work, or will be getting up to start his busy day just as I'm winding down from mine.

I wonder what he is doing. How is he growing? Is he well? Does he have parents who know Christ as Savior?

He is 3 1/2 years old now. Talking. Walking. A little man.

I am still amazed that I could have fallen so in love with little more than a picture that I held close to my heart for 9 months. Amazed at how I'm still brought to tears at the knowledge that I will not hold my little boy in my arms.

I know the Lord is watching over him and my prayer for Adam is that one day I will see him in Heaven. My little boy - a man who feared the Lord and had an intimate relationship with the Savior.

Blessings,
Chinamom

No comments: